Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University- Teaching vacancy
Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU) (A Central University), Srinagar invites applications from eligible Candidates for Rolling Faculty Recruitment of Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors on Direct Recruitment basis. The last date for submission of online applications is 15th January 2017. The application received after 15th January 2017 will be considered for the next round of recruitment process.
|Name of the Post||Total No. of Vacancies||Pay Scale|
|Professor||28 in various Disciplines||₹ 37400 – 67000 (PB-3) + AGP ₹ 10000/-|
|Associate Professor||47 in various Disciplines||₹ 37400 – 67000 (PB-3) + AGP ₹ 9000/-|
|Assistant Professor||95 in various Disciplines||₹ 15600 – 39100 (PB-3) + AGP ₹ 6000/-|
Educational Qualification and Experience:
(A1) An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
(A2) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
(A3) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process.
(A4) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS),set out in UGC Regulations 2010 in Appendix-III. (OR)
(B1) An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
Associate Professor ->
(1) Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
(2) A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
(3) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
(4) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
(5) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in UGC Regulation-2010 in Appendix
Assistant Professor ->
(1) Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55%marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
(2) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in clauses (1) and (2) to above candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
(4) NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
Application Fee: ₹ 500/- for candidates under ‘General’ and ‘OBC’ category and ₹ 300/- for SC, ST and PWD category. For candidates applying from abroad and wishing to pay the amount in foreign currency, is U.S. $ 10/- (U.S. Dollars).
How to Apply: The duly filled in application form, complete in all respect along with required fee must reach the office of the Registrar, HNBGU, Srinagar Garhwal, Uttarakhand-246174 through speed post/registered post only. The applications received up to 15/01/2017 will be considered for this round of interview. The application received after 15th January 2017 will be considered for the next round of recruitment process for the remaining vacant posts.